Ashanin Vasiliy Nikolaevich, Candidate of engineering sciences, associate professor, head of the sub-department of electric power and electrical engineering, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Korotkov Aleksey Aleksandrovich, Design engineer of the 2nd category, Research Institute of Electronic and Mechanic Devices (44 Karakozova street, Penza, Russia); postgraduate student, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), E-mail: email@example.com
Bachground. The technological breakthrough in the field of integrated electronics provides the production of sensor equipment with high metrological characteristics, expansion of their dynamic range of conversion, which, in turn, makes improving secondary measuring converters of information relevant. In this regard, the problem of increasing the accuracy of an integrating analog-digital voltage converter with an intermediate transformation in the time interval is solved in the work.
Materials and methods. The article describes the detailed algorithm of the integrating analog-digital voltage conversion in the time interval, which provides an increased accuracy of the conversion due to compensation of the error from the edge effects. To develop a simulation model that confirms the correct functioning of the algorithm, the software environment NI Multisim 12.0 was used.
Results. A simulation model of an integrating analog-digital voltage converter to time interval has been developed. An analytical description of the algorithm implementation is given, as well as a description of the simulation model that implements the algorithm. The obtained investigation results of the linearity of the proposed device transformation function confirm the correct functioning of the algorithm.
Conclusions. The simulation model developed in the NI Multisim software environment that implements the algorithm of the integrating analog-to-digital voltage converter in the time interval showed high linearity of the conversion. With the given parameters of the analog nodes tending to ideal, there is no linearity error of the conversion function.
integrating analog-to-digital converter of voltage in time interval, analog integrator, error from edge effects, time-pulse modulation, simulation model
1. Ashanin V. N., Chuvykin B. V., Shakhov E. K. ΣΔ-ATsP: osnovy teorii i proektirovanie: monografiya [ΣΔ-ATsP: fundamentals of theory and design: monograph]. Penza: Inf.-izd. tsentr PenzGU, 2009, 188 p. [In Russian]
2. Ashanin V. N., Chuvykin B. V., Shakhov E. K. Teoriya integriruyushchego analogotsifrovogo preobrazovaniya: monografiya [Theory of integrating analog and digital conversion: monograph]. Penza: Inf.-izd. tsentr PenzGU, 2009. – 214 s. [In Russian]
3. Ashanin V. N., Chuvykin B. V., Korotkov A. A., Sidorova I. A. Selected, peer reviewed papers from the 2015 The 5th Inter-national Workshop on Computer Science and Engineering- Information Processing and Control Engineering (WCSE 2015-IPCE), (Russia, Moscow, April 15–17, 2015). Moscow, 2015, pp. 251–254.
4. Shlykov G. P. Tsifrovaya informatsionno-izmeritel'naya tekhnika: mezhvuz. sb. nauch. tr. [Digital information and measurement technology: university collected works]. Issue 11. Penza: Izd-vo Penz. politekhn. in-ta, 1981, pp. 26–29. [In Russian]
5. Ashanin V. N., Chuvykin B. V. Sovremennye informatsionnye tekhnologii: sb. st. Mezhdunar. nauch.-tekhn. konf. [Modern information technology: proceedings of International scientific and technical conference]. Issue 10. Penza: PGTA, 2009, pp. 10–11. [In Russian]
6. Ashanin V. N., Chuvykin B. V., Ter-Arakelyan R. G. Izvestiya vysshikh uchebnykh zavedeniy. Povolzhskiy region. Tekhnicheskie nauki [University proceedings. Volga region. Engineering sciences]. 2010, no. 3 (15), pp. 70–81. [In Russian]
7. Ashanin V. N., Gutnikov V. S. Pribory i sistemy upravleniya [Instruments and control systems]. 1982, no. 9, pp. 31–32. [In Russian]